- Limited-edition of 150 prints, exclusive to The Ride Gallery
- 65 prints available at 12x12"
- 65 prints available at 18x28"
- 20 prints available at 24x24"
- Museum quality: archival inks, 100% cotton rag paper
- Artist-signed + numbered gallery card included
- Sale directly supports the artist
- Available framed or as print only
- Prints ship within 3 days. Custom framed works ship in 3-4 weeks.
- Hand-crafted, black wooden frame with UV-plexi
- Fitted with white, archival, 4-ply Made-to-Measure Mat with beveled window, precision-cut to image
- Finished with hanging wires, protective backing, archival sleeve for certificate of authenticity
- Custom Framing is made-to-order. Please note extended shipping timelines. Framed work takes 3-4 weeks for delivery.
- Framed artwork can only be shipped in North America. International orders are for prints only.
American artist Christopher Troutman searches to redefine the point of view presented to us in two-dimensional art. Troutman creates realistic views and familiar scenarios that are recreated from memory with a very particular attention to spatial depth and definition. Taking a spin on the classical trompe l’oeil, his mark-making seems loose and free when in fact, each line and stroke of a charcoal stick has a very deliberate purpose. His endeavor in paneled artwork, resembling comic book art, has created an amazing body of work that flawlessly tells a story. Even in his single image work, the way his characters are composed tells us a story and draws us into the moment that he is recreating for his viewers.
An accomplished professor at Lamar University, Troutman has received a plethora of awards, as well as being part of several exhibitions, both in the United States and abroad. He draws his inspiration from his memories of the American Mid-West and his experiences in Southern Japan. He travels annually to Japan. Undoubtedly, his constant travels are a source of inspiration that keep refining his eye for a good story.